American Singer Show Rules
modified by PAS on October 15, 2000
- American Singer canaries are not officially registered in this
show until the American Singer Section secretary has recorded your
- American Singers must be registered an hour before closing the
evening before judging, unless special arrangements are made with the
American Singer section manager.
- Only birds wearing closed, AS bands may be entered and they must
be registered under the breeder's name. No purchased, gift, or
unbanded birds allowed. No additional bands are allowed on a bird.
- Birds wearing this year's bands will be judged in
"young" classes. All others will be judged in
- The birds will be judged in classes of 5-8 birds with 7 being the
preferred number. The judge may grant permission for some classes to
have 9 birds.
- Standard American Singer show cages must be used. Glass or
plastic, clear or frosted cups are allowed, as long as both cups are
the same style. Water and feeder torpedo tubes may be used instead
of cups as long as both tubes on a cage are the same color. Plain
white paper must be used on the cage bottom. When looking at the
cage door, food (seed or pellets) goes on the left, water goes on the
right, regardless of which side of the cage is solid.
- PAS will provide pipe cleaners to secure the bottom tray to the
- The cage tag must be attached at the center left corner of the
cage front (when looking at cage door).
- No entered birds to be sold until after the show.
- The show staff reserves the right to reject or remove any entry
that shows signs of injury, stress, illness, or disease.
- Stewards will service birds as necessary. Birds may be serviced
by their owners only after judging is completed.
- The show staff is not responsible for birds that
are shipped to the show. The agent who registers the
birds is responsible for them and for getting any
awards or prizes back to the owner. It is recommended
that such parties put their agreement in writing.
Return to PAS show page